Powered by RedCircle
This is the audio and video from the webinar I hosted with Marcus Collins, a marketing professor at the University of Michigan, Ross School of Business. We broke down the top five hip-hop marketing campaigns of all time (and a few honorable mentions). We also talked about Marcus’ favorite ad campaigns from his days as an advertising exec at Translation, Doner, and working for Beyonce.
At the end, we broke down Travis Scott’s McDonald’s campaign and took questions from attendees.
Links to discussed campaigns:
- Hamburger Helper “Watch the Stove”
- Nipsey Hussle $100 mixtape
- The Reebok S. Carter
- Reebok Allen Iverson A5 and A6
- Budweiser Made in America case study
- Beats by Dre ambush marketing at London 2012 Olympics
- How “Straight Outta Compton” became a viral sensation
- Sprite “Obey Your Thirst”
- Beyonce surprise album drop
- Hello Brooklyn campaign
Hip-hop’s influence continues to grow. Learn how it impacts your business. Join the execs, CEOs, and moguls who read Trapital: trapital.co